We've talked extensively here about how important exercise can be for maintaining health and independence for people as they get older. Most large gym facilities and recreation centers rely on crowding people together in rooms to maximize space usage. Maintaining proper social distance is difficult in these facilities except in their largest rooms. Plus, increased exertion increases the travel distance of the expiratory plume on every breath, so even six feet may not be enough in a significant intensity workout class.
Workout either Outdoors or In a Private Setting
The CDC guidelines for gym usage recommends limiting indoor exposure to other people:
Our studio meets or exceeds current guidelines for safe exercising both for the immune system and the musculoskeletal/cardio-respiratory systems:
- Only one trainer and one client in the studio
- All equipment is sanitized between clients
- Wearing of gloves and masks by all parties is mandated
- Workouts are of moderate intensity for 30 minutes of continuous activity
- Airflow is constant and social distancing is practiced
Now is a great time to consider getting back into exercise!